Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

to book or not to book

Posted by ricardo4 on 10/10/2013 at 06:21

Im going to be going to thailand for basicaly the month of feb, i shall be going to bangkok for a few days, then ayuttaya, kanchanburi then down to krabi and koh lanta, do you think i need to book hotels in advance or should it be fine to play it by ear and see whats available when im their?

Thanks in advance

Rich

#1 ricardo4 has been a member since 7/3/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25
 Send ricardo4 a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/10/2013 at 06:57 admin

From an availability point of view, I'd say no need to book -- unless you have some very specific room or resort you are after.

You may get cheaper rates booking in advance -- but that will depend on the type of accommodation etc.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by ricardo4 on 10/10/2013 at 11:41

Apart from at kanchanburi i dont have anywhere in particular in mind, its just i keep reading that dec/jan are the busiest times to go to thailand, so it will have calmed down a bit by the start of feb?

#3 ricardo4 has been a member since 7/3/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/10/2013 at 17:44 admin

December and January are peak season, but Kanchanaburi has so.many.places.to.stay that as long as you're not to fussed about legging it from one to another and are not set on a particular guesthouse or hotel, there is little need to book in advance in my opinion. February will still be busy, but personally I wouldn't bother booking in advance.

Ko Lanta will be still quite busy in Feb, but I wouldn't say booking is essetntial.

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Geer1 on 10/10/2013 at 18:01

I wouldn't worry about it unless there is a certain place that you would like to stay at. If so I would just check a few days before you head there and book then rather then booking weeks or months in advance.

#5 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Send Geer1 a private message   Where has Geer1 been? 

Posted by ricardo4 on 13/10/2013 at 23:39

Thanks for the advice guys, i think im just going to book as i go as you all seem to think it should be fine!

Another question, what are the train/buses like from bangkok to ayuttaya, and then ayuttaya to kanchanburi?

Thanks again

Rich

#6 ricardo4 has been a member since 7/3/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.