Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Honeymoon in Thailand advice, early April please!

Posted by Andy1972 on 20/10/2013 at 10:22

Hi there!! We are due to marry in April and are planning a trip to Thailand for the honeymoon. We would like a very short stay in Bangkok to start with, then we'd ideally like to catch two more places before returning home. We are looking at being in Thailand for around 18 days and the type of places we are looking for is the first destination to be about a bit of sight seeing, elephant trekking that kind of thing then a full on week on the beach type thing with great snorkelling, food and not to quiet but not to loud environment. We'd like to look into 4 star accommodation and see if our budget will stretch this far. As with plans to start a family, this could be the last adventure for a while and we want it to be memorable. Anyone out there with a bit of knowledge and time to give some advice on destinations and accommodations we be greatly appreciated. I have looked at Ko Chang and this sounds good, anyone got an opinion on this? Cheers, Andy

#1 Andy1972 has been a member since 21/9/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/10/2013 at 02:26 admin

Hi Andy,

If you're looking at Ko Chang, I'd suggest considering a bit further east to Ko Kut -- here are three related links (that I just posted in another thread)

The best places to stay on KoKut
Best beaches on KoKut
Meet KoKut

Given the honeymoon angle, Baan Makok on Ko Kut could really fit the bill there.

Otherwise, in April for islands, I'd be heading to the far southwest coast. If you're looking for something unique, look at Golden Buddha Resort on Thailand's Ko Phra Thong.

Some more links:
Andaman Sea Island Hopper
More of KPT

For the sightseeing elephant riding part, Kanchanaburi to the west of Bangkok can be a good fit and saves you trekking all the way north to Chiang Mai etc.

Should be enough to get you started :-) More questions, ask away

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.