Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

October in

Posted by katie304 on 14/8/2007 at 02:34

Hi I am traveling for 2 weeks in Thailand this October for my first time. I am interested in seeing as much as possible/realistic. I would love to go north to Chiang Mai and or Chiang Rai and and also see some beautiful beaches. I do enjoy getting off the beaten track. Any suggestions on destinations considering the month and time of travel?

#1 katie304 has been a member since 14/8/2007. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/8/2007 at 06:44 admin

Hi Katie,

The best place to start for this type of information are our Trip planners for Thailand. They'll give you an idea of the highlights and how long you'll need to see them.

More questions - ask away!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by planetclare on 15/8/2007 at 22:19

A friend and I are also going for the first time for two weeks at the end of October, and we've finally managed to settle on an itinerary. We're planning to do about 3 days each in Bangkok, Chiang Mai (with an overnight to Chiang Dao) and Ko Lanta. Not sure we'll really be getting off the beaten track all that much, but it should be a good mix of cities, mountains and beaches. Have fun planning!

Clare

#3 planetclare has been a member since 13/11/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by ChrisMcG5 on 16/8/2007 at 19:57

Hi I pland to go to Thailand this October as well, my girlfriend has said that she wants to go to Kao Tao to complete her scuba licnece, but I was wondering about the other islands. Where do I begin to select the islands to go to? Any experiences of secluded islands and any trips/trails through Thailand would be much appreciated.

#4 ChrisMcG5 has been a member since 16/8/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by Tilapia on 17/8/2007 at 01:09

I'd recommend that while there you keep a close eye on the weather in different areas, and keep your options open. I used to live a little south of Hua Hin, outside of Lopburi, and in Prachinburi, and in October we used to have torrential tropical storms and a lot of flooding that would close roads and, sometimes, the trains.

When it wasn't raining (and it wasn't raining all the time), the weather was glorious.

#5 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,508
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by ChrisMcG5 on 17/8/2007 at 16:17

Hi Tilapia,

Thank you very much for the advice. I am looking forward to going. I hope to go up north. To do some trekking, then come down south to the islands. Thanks again.

#6 ChrisMcG5 has been a member since 16/8/2007. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.