Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Krabi or kho Chang

Posted by Dockers456 on 19/11/2013 at 03:53

Arriving in Thailand on the 10th for a week.
Which area has more benefits , and more beautiful .
And can anybody please suggest good accomadation for no more than $25 us per night.
Cheers ,
Paul

#1 Dockers456 has been a member since 19/11/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 19/11/2013 at 09:14

Both are good. Koh Chang is more relaxed, while Krabi has more tours like Kayaking and snorkelling. Chang only has 1 snorkelling trip but it is very good though. Chang has excellent food while Krabi's food is poor around the tourist areas like Ao Nang/Railay but good in Krabi Town.

If you want to relax do Chang but if you want lots of tours do Krabi.

I like both places a lot.

$25 a night won't get much. It's high season now.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by LillaAnna on 19/11/2013 at 13:22

25 will do you fine on Lonley Beach/Bailan on Koh Chang. Better book in advance if you are going between 20 dec and 11 jan. But as early as 10 dec you could probably just walk around till you find something you like.

#3 LillaAnna has been a member since 28/10/2013. Posts: 16
 Where has LillaAnna been? 

Posted by tezza on 20/11/2013 at 03:21

As per the above, I too like both locations.
For "benefits" none has an advantage - they are both good locations.
For "more beautiful" Krabi wins hands down - one of the two most spectacular coastal areas in Thailand.

For what it's worth, I'm a weather nerd - and from years of studying this I have to tell you that statistically the wet season tends to end earlier in the Koh Chang area. My last few November trips have seen rather wet weather in the Andaman although it seems the seasons have changed earlier this year. So far.

$25 will get you travellers' accommodation on all the main beaches on Chang. You won't do this on West Railay or Ao Phai Plong but that leaves another dozen or so beaches in the Krabi area.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 20/11/2013 at 09:05

"25 will do you fine on Lonley Beach"

Lonely Beach is a smelly dump and $25 will get you a rough shack only. Kai Bee or Khlong Phrao are better places to stay.

#5 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.