Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Solo Travel -Bangkok & Koh Chang - 19th - 26th Dec 2013 - Need Suggestions & Travel Buddy

Posted by DeeC_1010 on 25/11/2013 at 12:10

Hello ,

I'm planning to travel solo to Bangkok and Koh Chang, in Dec, and have mixed reviews about the accomodation- Price and availability. Most of the budget accommodations can not be booked online and I'm not sure If it's worth taking a risk and going without any booking. I do not mind looking for accommodation once I reach there, but I'm just worried about not getting any.

Has anyone been there in the season time, and faced problem with finding budget accommodation? Plus if any onelse is planning to be there on the same dates and then do let me know , as it's always better to have a company :)

#1 DeeC_1010 has been a member since 25/11/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by tezza on 26/11/2013 at 00:35

Big Chang has so much budget accommodation you will find no problems in December unbooked unless you are hitting Christmas toNew Year.

In your shoes I'd be making a list of likely places beforehand from info available on TRAVELFISH and other 'net resources. If they have no vacancies there are sure to be joints nearby that can do the job. My experience is that when the trendy beach-side joints fill there are still heaps of rooms available in the townships - sometimes up side-sois.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by DeeC_1010 on 26/11/2013 at 02:05

Thanks a lot, that's a relief. I do have list of all the budget accomodations in and around Lonely beach & White Sand Beach. I would prefer staying near Lonely Beach . Would you also know, how much would I need to pay in this season for the accomodation, would it be possible to get something below 500 Baht?

#3 DeeC_1010 has been a member since 25/11/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by planetindia on 26/11/2013 at 04:04

Thanks for all friends,
We are planning to India tour destination with Nepal county. It is the best company of India. Planet India travels is providing for more destination tour packages in India. Give the best offering in Rajasthan and Kerala tour Packages. You can purchase to tour packages at planetindiatravels.com. Most of the budger accommodations can be book online and we are sure that will be go to India. You can enjoy to every time of place to India.

http://www.planetindiatravels.com/

#4 planetindia has been a member since 26/11/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by anderslewis on 4/12/2013 at 03:35

Plenty of sub 500 baht a night accomodation at Lonely Beach. Will be noisy though on the party area.

I stayed at Little Eden, quiet bungalows up the hill, 5 minute walk from party area. 650 baht per night for fan room. Was recommended http://www.magicgardenresort.com/ also, cheaper too i think.

#5 anderslewis has been a member since 28/8/2013. Posts: 5
 Website   Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.