Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Arriving late into Phuket Airport, what to do/where to stay?

Posted by rustythomson on 4/12/2013 at 14:21

Hi everyone, we have a late flight arriving into Phuket airport at about 930pm from bangkok and have a few friends flying from New Zealand and arriving at about the same time. We had planned to travel to Patong town and stay there however we were reconsidering staying one night near Phuket airport as we have heard the drive is approx 1 hour to Patong and just want to jump into bed and leave the next morning.

My questions is: Is there any accommodation near phuket airport or is it basically just an airport with no real urban surroundings? If so can anyone recommend some places to stay? We are all budget travellers so not too keen to fork out the biggest spend for a few hours in a bed, but also don't want to be staying in a shack etc.

Also if anyone can confirm the cost/timing of travelling to Patong from Phuket airport that would be great.

Thanks

#1 rustythomson has been a member since 19/5/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 5/12/2013 at 06:00

Where r u going the next day? There are hotels near the northern beaches. Why dont u google it?

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by Vaishali on 29/12/2013 at 01:42

Hi,
I have the same problem. I have an early morning flight to catch from Phuket and need close-by budget accommodation.
I checked the following link:
https://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/phuket/naithon_to_mai_khao/all/3766
But most of it is sold out.
Can any one help me with e-mail id for WongLee or By The Sea (their mail id bounced back) or anyother budget for 600-700 THB?

Thanks,

#3 Vaishali has been a member since 29/12/2013. Posts: 57
 Send Vaishali a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.