Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Affordable Luxury Villa along Andaman Coast, Thailand

Posted by reneejm1 on 14/12/2013 at 20:44

Hi I'm travelling to Thailand in February 2014 and will have a few days at the end of my trip by myself, I'll probably be in Phuket so was hoping to see more of the islands. My friend and I are planning on visiting Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangnan and Koh Phi Phi.

I was trying to find another island on the Andaman Coast where I could possibly stay in a luxury villa or resort that was rather affordable for two - four nights by myself just for some down time. Note that I'll be backpacking for the most of my trip spending between $10-$30 AUD on accommodation per night. But for the end of my trip I'm happy to spend up to $80(ish) (think thats 2500 baht) per night. Is there any place out there that fits this description and that anyone has a good recommendation of?

Happy if its outside of my budget or elsewhere in Thailand but all I really want is a really nice place where I can sit by the beach or pool and drink cocktails, relax and read a good book.

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers

#1 reneejm1 has been a member since 14/12/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by reneejm1 on 14/12/2013 at 20:45

Prices are in AUD by the way!
So looking at accommodation less than 2500 baht.

#2 reneejm1 has been a member since 14/12/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 16/12/2013 at 20:27

I too am a great fan of a few days in a nice resort at the end of a backpacking trip. But the Andaman is expensive these days and February is high season so I'm afraid $aud80 for a villa or similar aint gonna cut it.
For instance I just paid $101 for a February non-beachfront aircon bungalow at Coral Island Resort just off Phuket . Now the beach is sweet (although popular with day trippers) but this resort is not above 3 star.

The other thing is February tends to book out - I had a number of places in mind which had no vacancies. I blame those Ruskies (no I don't - it's -60 celsius in Verksoyansk in February; I reckon they are real smart escaping to somewhere tropical).
My suggestion is to get onto travelfish's linked place-booking site Agoda and see what's available. I reckon your best bet may be Phuket on the basis there's a huge amount of of good quality accommodation on the island. By the way, Phuket has many nice beach areas away from the big 3 of Kata, Karon and Patong. Hell, you can find some nice places at those 3 too.

Outside your budget - okay, check out Ko Ngai Cliff Beach Resort - nice island and the view from KNCR's high swimming pool is outstanding.
Another nice island and resort a bit closer to Phuket - Ko Jum Resort on Jum's Ting Rai beach.
The least expensive rooms at some of the Krabi area's East Railay mid-range resorts can be (relatatively) good value. These are often original backpackers' rooms tarted up with air etc and the resorts have put in nice pools. Plus East Railay is a real good base for the area. Check what's available at Railay Viewpoint Resort and similar.
Not too far north of Phuket - check for the least expensive at Baan Krating high above Khao Lak's Sunset beach.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 17/12/2013 at 03:43

80 gets a nice room but not a villa. Krabi is cheaper than phuket. Check booking.com for deals

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.