Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Is www.phuketferry.com legitimate?

Posted by thescenicroute on 20/12/2013 at 06:39

Hi everybody,

We are looking at booking a ferry from Phuket Rassada Pier to Ko Lanta, and we found a website called www.phuketferry.com that offers significantly cheaper rates than Tigerline (1,800 vs. 2,700 for two people one way).

There seems to be very little information about them here and elsewhere online.
Has anybody ever used them?
Is it a legitimate service?
Are they just an agent or an actual provider?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Julia & Julian

#1 thescenicroute has been a member since 19/11/2013. Posts: 5
 Where has thescenicroute been? 

Posted by weerap on 9/1/2015 at 11:39

I used to use service with another company. They also offer good rate and take care service is quick. You may try to visit http://www.phiphiislandferry.com

#2 weerap has been a member since 9/1/2015. Posts: 3
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/1/2015 at 19:08 admin

To the OP, yes they're a legit website.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by lanathai on 12/1/2015 at 05:59 TF writer

Yes, they're legit. I've been in touch with the company's GM before but never used their services, so I'm sorry I can't offer any details for you. They're registered with the TAT: http://www.tourismthailand.org/See-and-Do/Activities-Detail/Liva-Travel-Co-Ltd--1954

I don't know for sure, but I think Tigerline's more expensive because it's a high-speed service. Will get you to Phi Phi from Phuket in only 1 hour, for example, rather than most ferries that take 90 minutes.

#4 lanathai has been a member since 21/7/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 36
 Where has lanathai been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by AdrianeLeith on 17/1/2015 at 02:08

I guest it is legit.. phuketferry.com are an agency who use Wavemaster, and others.

#5 AdrianeLeith has been a member since 17/1/2015. Posts: 9

Posted by wanderer143 on 27/2/2016 at 07:41

Yes PhuketFerry.com is a legitimate ferry booking company. They're an agent, but they simply offer the cheapest ferry prices online. I believe ferry companies and ferry boat owners choose them as they have an incredible customer service team, not to mention having an amazing booking system. They're very attentive and booking was very easy and seamless. If you happen to have a good or negative experience with a specific ferry boat, PhuketFerry is very easy to contact and they have always been very helpful in providing topnotch service. But so far, I never had any issues with the ferry boats that I've booked with them so I stick with them.

#6 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 34

Posted by wanderer143 on 27/2/2016 at 07:42

Khao Lak is more laid back. The beaches are lovely, but in terms of shopping, I don't think it'd be too exciting. But it's also a good idea to visit it, even for a mere couple/few days. Great for relaxation, meditation, among others. Karon is also wonderful, but Phuket and Lanta are also my top choices.

#7 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 34

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.