Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Can anyone help with some visa info?

Posted by gratefulmames on 26/12/2013 at 11:54

Hey world, trying to get some info on Thai visas.

So I'll be arriving in Bangkok on January 10th and doing a yoga program until the middle of April. Now, obviously I will have to renew my visa within this time frame. In order to get my visa before I arrive in Thailand, I need an onward ticket to a neighboring country (or wherever). What I'm wondering is - should I buy an onward ticket within the time frame of the initial visa (a 60day period) and change the flight date later to April after I finish my program, or should I just buy a ticket for April? And if I were to have an onward ticket for april from the get go, should I anticipate any issues with the consulate for having a leaving date later than the initial visa period?

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated as I am trying to get my visa situated asap.

thank you so much!

#1 gratefulmames has been a member since 26/12/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by captainbkk on 26/12/2013 at 14:17

IMpossible to tell, as you-apparently this is caracteristic for yogi-s, do no give the full info.
It depends on your nationality, the place/country where you apply for visa.
and exactly HOW long it will be in april-note that 14/4 is Thai Nw Yr-the time to split, and you need to count the days-can do 60 days plus 30 days extension-pay at immigation, IF 1+2, are positive in yo
ur case. Visit thaivisa.com-visa section for quick response and much more detals.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by Captain_Bob on 27/12/2013 at 00:23

If you will already have a tourist visa (single entry) it will get you 60 days, then you can extend it another 30 at Immigration for 1900 baht. Then if you need a bit more time do a border hop to get another 15 or 30 days (G7 countries now get 30 days by visa-exempt land entry). Or if you get a double-entry tourist visa in advance you can just do a border hop and have 60+60 days which will cover your stay and save you some hassle and money. Requirement for onward ticket is dependent on which Thai embassy/consulate you apply for the visa, each have their own set of rules.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.