Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Running shoes in thailand?

Posted by Carbide on 28/12/2013 at 14:08

Hi,

I am curious what to bring for footwear to Thailand. Only bringing a 40L pack and have some flipflops and Aasics running shoes right now. Will this be sufficient? I would like to workout during my travels so I figured a running shoe would be appropriate. They are black, will this be a problem in that climate? Should I opt for Nike Free's? (they are a bit lighter in weight and can get bright colours, probably more packable).

Will likely want to do some hiking in Chang Mai, etc. I have size 14 feet so buying abroad is generally a problem I would guess. Thanks!

#1 Carbide has been a member since 28/12/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by goonistik on 28/12/2013 at 20:02

Black running shoes are fine.

I think it would be near impossible to find size 14 shoes in the stores in South-East Asia. So you better bring along what you need.

I wear my running shoes when I travel (bus/airport). My flipflops and sandals are in my pack because they take up less space

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by DLuek on 29/12/2013 at 01:40 TF writer

I bring a pair of running shoes and flip flops when I travel. Running shoes have always done the trick for me when hiking.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,174
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by tyler on 29/12/2013 at 01:53

The Nike Free's are great for travel because they are light weight, breathable, dry easily and can be compressed without damaging them.
Those and some flip flops and you're all good.

#4 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Where has tyler been? 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 30/12/2013 at 19:36

Go the light runners. U cant even find size 12 in most stores. Thai hikes arent hardcore so runners r fine.

#5 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.