Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Looking for a nice beach in Thailand with yoga and meditation classes available

Posted by Itsme on 29/12/2013 at 07:50

I am travelling to Thailand in early January. I've been a few times before but this time am hoping to do something slightly different. I'd love to find a nice, safe beach to stay on with a laid back vibe, where there are some good budget accommodation and food options and also places to attend yoga and meditation classes. If anyone knows of anywhere that might fit this description I'd love to hear about it. Thanks :)

#1 Itsme has been a member since 27/12/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 29/12/2013 at 23:30

Google for The Sanctuary at the rather nice and very relaxed Had Thian on the lower east coast of Phangan. This place has yoga and meditation plus lots of similar activities. Accommodation ranges from backpacker thru to lower midrange and its restaurant is one of the most atmospheric in the islands. Had Thian has a number of other places to stay - one I can recommend is Beam which also has a good restaurant.
5 minutes walk over the northern headland is even more relaxed Had Wai Nam. Wai Nam Hut is the only place here - it is backpacker in style and also runs yoga courses.
Had Yuan is a bigger beach, busier but still relaxed with a good range of accommodation 10 minutes over Had Thian's southern headland. One of the first places you come to as you descend to the beach is Bamboo Hut with good budget bungalows and an excellent restaurant that draws travellers from all over the 3 beach area.

I have to say Yuan/Thian/Wai Nam has become my favourite beach area in Thailand. One caveat - around full moon party time there may be some pressure on accommodation, particularly at Had Yuan.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by Itsme on 16/1/2014 at 10:13

Hi, thanks so much for your detailed reply. I had already found the sanctuary online and a little info about that area but your post helped to convince me to go and provided a lot more info than i had been able to find myself. Just spent 12 nights there and had a brilliant time.
Thanks again, happy travels

#3 Itsme has been a member since 27/12/2013. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.