Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phuket - Ko Lanta - Phuket

Posted by manna on 25/8/2007 at 08:56

Hi! I'll be in Thailand in November and am wondering if hitting Phuket, Phi Phi and Ko Lanta with only 9 days is wise. Is there some sort of "loop" we could do or would that be an insane amount of ferry time? The only reason I wanted to schedule Ko Lanta in was because it sounds like it would be a great place to relax for a few days. I was also wondering if we should scratch Phuket and see Krabi instead? Is Phuket just a tourist trap now? Help!

#1 manna has been a member since 30/3/2007. Posts: 15

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/8/2007 at 10:38 admin

Hi manna,

It's not an insane amount of ferry time, but it is a fair bit. It's not just the ferry time, but packing up, transfer to pier, wait for boat, the actual boat trip, get off boat, find accommodation, check in, unpack and then relax. You're looking at doing that at least six times in nine days...

Phi Phi is the most "postcard-pretty" of the three islands, but Lanta, which the beaches are not as stunning has a more laid back, family friendly vibe to it, while Phi Phi is a more hectic, packed to the rafters, party scene.

If you're indifferent to Phuket, I'd suggest opting for Krabi, spend the bulk of your time in Lanta and allow for maybe two nights on Phi Phi -- just so you've seen it.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by manna on 27/8/2007 at 22:13

Great - thanks so much for your advice! I did a lot of reading this weekend and Krabi definitely seems like a better option for such a limited time frame. I'm glad to hear you second that. Regards,

#3 manna has been a member since 30/3/2007. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.