Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chumphon - north along the coast & then Sangkhlaburi via Kanchaburi...

Posted by altmtl on 17/1/2014 at 08:24

Chumphon - north along the coast & then Sangkhlaburi via Kanchaburi...
I'll be returning to Thailand from Malaysia in late Feb. and was thinking of this route...
Thap Sakae (can't find much info) - Prachuap Khiri Khan - Petchaburi - Amphawa Market - Kanchanaburi - Sangkhaburi. (I've been to Bang Saphan) - should I skip Thap Sakae or Petchaburi? Not sure I want to go to Hua Hin, but do want to visit some parks and go off the beaten track a bit.

Of course I'll be looking for budget places under 400 baht.
Thinking of spending a few days in each or more - moving on when I get bored. Staying if I like it.
I'd prefer to stay longer in one place that offers the most variety.

Any suggestions?

#1 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 995
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 17/1/2014 at 19:42

should I skip Thap Sakae or Petchaburi? Not sure I want to go to Hua Hin, but do want to visit some parks and go off the beaten track a bit.

Thap I don't know what is there. Phetchaburi is good for a visit with the temples. I'd only stop 2 nights though. HH is a busy dump. I hated it last year after liking it 7 yrs prior. Way overpriced and traffic is a nightmare. Even Cha-am nowadays has been ruined.

Prachuap is a great town. Awesome food. Stay there for 3-5 nights and hire a bike to explore.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.