Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Another Bangkok Layover Question

Posted by SoloGirls on 18/1/2014 at 23:21

Sorry guys…

I've been reading through the other questions on this topic, but everything seems to be domestic or in regard to using two different airlines.

I'm looking to book a flight on Air Asia from HCMC to Phuket. There are a few options. One of them has a 1.5 hour layover. I could assume they wouldn't offer this option if it weren't doable, but I've also had airlines give me a 40 minute layover in Atlanta. If you've been to Atlanta's airport, you'd know how ridiculous that is.

So is this enough considering I'd have to go through customs and get my Thailand Visa and everything? I'd assume that my bags would be fine and just moved to the next plane. If it weren't for liquid regulations, I could just carry that bag on too.

Is it enough time? Or should opt for the longer (boring) layover? :)

#1 SoloGirls has been a member since 24/10/2013. Posts: 45
 Send SoloGirls a private message 

Posted by amnicoll on 18/1/2014 at 23:47

i think but am not 100% certain that you would go through immigration in Phucket so should be OK

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 732
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by SoloGirls on 19/1/2014 at 00:10

It would seem odd that they would offer that knowing that immigration is a must coming from Vietnam. I just want to be sure before I book it and end up running through the airport.

#3 SoloGirls has been a member since 24/10/2013. Posts: 45
 Send SoloGirls a private message 

Posted by captainbkk on 19/1/2014 at 01:25

Are you really sure its BKK/DMK and NOT KUL??Their homebase?
As they do NOT offer any through connections via BKK-though its via DMK and thats a quiet place. You MUST pass immigr etc there and check in a new, 45 mins for the latest for flite 2. They always tell people to allow at least 3 hrs as its a point2point airline.
Via KUL they do offer through-ways, these cost extra, but only for some relations.

#4 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.