Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

islands in december and january

Posted by kimmyally on 28/8/2007 at 14:59

i will be in thailand over christmas and i was wondering if anyone can tell me which islands are best to visit at this time of year weather wise.
i am travelling to south east asia with my husband for 2 months my family are comming to spend the 10 days over christmas with us. my dad is very fussy and i really want to pick the right place. please help

#1 kimmyally has been a member since 28/8/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/8/2007 at 16:50 admin

Hi Kim,

A good place to start is the weatherfish which you can use to see the weather in Thailand at different times of the year.

At Christmas just about everywhere is pretty good -- and pretty busy!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,643
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by kimmyally on 28/8/2007 at 19:00

thanks for that it looks to me that the andaman sea side have less rain fall than the Ko Samui side, however Ko Samui looks a little more up market, would you have any preference between the two.?

#3 kimmyally has been a member since 28/8/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by swag on 29/8/2007 at 06:17

Hi Kim you could look at Koh Lanta on the Andaman side. probably a little more family oriented and very relaxing. less touristy than koh samui,koh tao more scuba oriented. lanta sand villas could be worth looking at if your dad is a bit fussy and likes his bit of luxury

#4 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.