Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chao Phraya Dinner Cruise - Have you done it?

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 29/8/2007 at 00:03

Hello, Im looking in to the dinner cruises in Bangkok.

Anyone been on one already? Good, bad, recommendations etc...

Thanks,
Ant.

#1 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by exacto on 29/8/2007 at 06:21

hey jon,

did you have a specific cruise and a general price range in mind? i haven't done the dinner cruise, but i've done several other cruises on the river and they've all been spectacular. even if you decide not to do the dinner cruise, there are several other options, the most budget-friendly of which is just taking the regular ferry service up and down the river for a few baht. i'd be interested to hear feedback should you decide to book the cruise, particularly what the food was like and if you thought it was good value for money. regards.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,649
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 29/8/2007 at 15:45

Hi,

As my wife and I are taking my parents to Thailand for the first time I think we are going to spoil them with one of the luxury dinner cruises. :)

Ive been looking into it on the net ant ive found a 2 hour cruise for about B1200 per person. The boats look like 5 star hotel style boats from the pics I have seen so for a 2 hour cruise and a international buffet That sounds ok to me.

I will post up about my experience when we are back.

Thanks.

#3 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by ChangFai on 29/8/2007 at 18:34

Well I am not a huge fan of these River Cruises ,but if I had to pick one it would be this one :

http://www.thairivercruise.com/index.php?tpid=0077

#4 ChangFai has been a member since 10/4/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 139

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 29/8/2007 at 20:17

Nice one for the reply. This is one of the websites I've been looking at. Im thinking about one of the luxury ones. Have you been on any of the other boats that this site shows?

Please tell us why your not a fan.

Thanks again,
Ant.

#5 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.