Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

bus from pattaya to kanchanaburi

Posted by rohveer on 2/2/2014 at 07:53

Are there any direct buses which reach Kanchanaburi from Pattaya apart from
Sri Mongkol bus terminal at Chaloem Phrakiat, Pattaya Sai 3. There are only 2 buses one in the morning and one at evening. Taking a taxi is out of question as it is way beyond my budget and I don't want the hassle of going to Bangkok by bus and then again catching another bus to Kanchanaburi.Thanks in advance.[/ulist]

#1 rohveer has been a member since 2/2/2014. Posts: 6

Posted by captainbkk on 3/2/2014 at 01:20

no, of course not. The ones you mention are either very, very recent or more likely prebooked vans.
But your fear is grossly overstated. There are horuly buses from the North Bus terminal ALSO to Sai Thai in BKK-going via he still fairly new southern ring, where you can connect-you could even have unusual and nice vistas of this bigtown BKK-which I like very much.
Next best are the vans=minibus, and connect in the area of the Vict. Monument-which is cleared by the mob as per tomorrow.
PTY visitors tend to be either too anxious to do normal things or need to be taken by hand by their rented temp. Thai GF.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by rohveer on 3/2/2014 at 10:29

Thanks, captainbkk for the quick reply but I am travelling with my wife and two daughters.( PTY visitors tend to be either too anxious to do normal things or need to be taken by hand by their rented temp. Thai GF.) Lol !

#3 rohveer has been a member since 2/2/2014. Posts: 6

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 5/2/2014 at 19:20

Dont think so. Buses would change over in bkk

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 6/2/2014 at 00:20

I am pretty sure Leonard is correct. Buses betweeen provinces are usually within a region. Less common is something like the bus from Mukdahan to Loei. Any bus from Pattaya to Kanchanaburi would be going through Bangkok, so that's a logical hub. To find out for sure, though, you'd have to check at the bus station.

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by rohveer on 26/2/2014 at 11:45

i have decided to reach the southern bus terminal SAI TAI from Pattaya costing 134 thb and from there catch 1st class AC bus costing 99 THB to Kanchanaburi .

Thanks, guys.

air-con bus 1st class
bus no.
duration
fare
Southern Bus Terminal
2 hrs.
99 Baht

Bangkok - Kanchanaburi: 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM - every 20 minutes
Kanchanaburi - Bangkok: 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM - every 20 minutes

#6 rohveer has been a member since 2/2/2014. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.