Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Big mistake to tour Thailand,Laos in March&April??

Posted by universalee on 14/2/2014 at 18:03

I just booked an Intrepid Tours Indochina tour starting in Bangkok March 5th, going through Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia and returning to Bangkok April 3rd. I was planning on staying another 10 days in Bangkok to sightsee.After reading the travelfish weather info on these countries for this period I`m ready to cancel. It seems I`ve chosen the worst time to do this. Has anyone survived this type of trip during this time? I can take some heat but...!

#1 universalee has been a member since 14/2/2014. Posts: 2
 Send universalee a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 14/2/2014 at 20:20

At first I thought you were referring to rain...

It gets hot, but not Alice Springs hot. I wouldn't sweat it.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by universalee on 14/2/2014 at 20:39

Thanks
Heat is a factor but I`m also reading about the smoke and smog from burning crops in northern Thailand and Laos.
Has anyone experienced this?

#3 universalee has been a member since 14/2/2014. Posts: 2
 Send universalee a private message 

Posted by mooball on 14/2/2014 at 22:28 TF writer

I don't personally worry about the weather conditions in Asia. Sure, the rain can sometimes be a pain, but the heat is just part of being in Southeast Asia. I don't think you've made a mistake to book in April.

#4 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 435
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by MADMAC on 14/2/2014 at 22:58

If you don't have asthma, then the burn season isnt' a big deal either.

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 15/2/2014 at 06:38

If you go 2 mths later its only 2 degrees cooler.

#6 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by buttonbridge on 15/2/2014 at 13:56

My wife and I did the IndoChina loop (Thailand/Loas/Vietnam/Cambodia) 2 years ago. As I remember we started mid to late Feb. We booked with Imaginative Travel, but they 'Subbed us out' to Gecko. We had a brilliant time and have no recollection of uncomfortable weather. We then travelled with Intrepid from Bangkok to Singapore mid March into April and one again had a brilliant time with no recollection of uncomfortable wether.
Hope this helps.

#7 buttonbridge has been a member since 21/11/2010. Posts: 32

Posted by Saphir on 15/2/2014 at 16:38

I've been in the region a couple of times during April and yes it was steamy but as long as you don't allow it to stress you too much you should be right. Keep hydrated and relaxed. In any case, there will be so much for you to enjoy that your pleasure will override any discomfort. Hope you have a great trip.

#8 Saphir has been a member since 19/5/2009. Posts: 74
 Where has Saphir been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.