Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Pha Ngan - NYE 2007/2008 accommodation

Posted by Yun on 1/9/2007 at 16:27

I'm intending to go the NYE party Dec31-2007. It's marketed as a FMP, but I assume it's simply a NY party (as there's a FMP Dec24).

Nonetheless, do all the accommodation restrictions still apply (minimum 5-7 nights etc)?

I was hoping to arrive KPN on NYE and stay overnight for the party + accommodation, before leaving for Koh Tao the next day.

Is there any accommodation that allows you to stay just the one night? If yes, are any bookable online? If no, then am I better served leaving my gear in a room in Koh Tao before I go to KPN and just stay out all night?

#1 Yun has been a member since 18/8/2007. Posts: 25

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/9/2007 at 14:32 admin

Hi Yun,

You may want to give this story a read regarding accommodation over Full Moon on Ko Pha Ngan. I'd suggest it would be highly unlikely to find somewhere bookable online that would allow a single night's stay -- highly unlikely.

If you're planning on staying out for the duration, I'd suggest sorting out accommodation on Mae Nam beach on Samui (there's lots to choose from) head over to KPN for the party, then return, grab your bags and continue on to Ko Tao. I suggest Ko Samui over Ko Tao as the boats are more frequent and will run most of the night on New Years and the FMP. It's also a far shorter trip than the boat trip to Ko Tao.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Yun on 3/9/2007 at 10:43

Thanks for your reply.

I'm going from BKK to KPN by land - so I was initially planning to go via Ko Tao. The only thing I'm concerned about is that there may not be many boats (the last one usually leaves around 1500).

On NYE/FMP nights, is there overnight boats from KPN to Ko Samui or Ko Tao?

The reason I'm asking is that I don't really want to be forced to stay out all night at KPN, and if I can't get accommodation there, am I able to get an overnight boat back to Ko Samui or Ko Tao?

#3 Yun has been a member since 18/8/2007. Posts: 25

Posted by Gunism on 6/9/2007 at 02:07

Hi yun
Sure there're speed boats at night on NYE/FMP from Koh Samui to Koh Pangan. I'm not sure will there be any boat from Kho Tao or not. My suggestion is, you stay on Koh Samui at Maenaam or Bohphud(Fisherman Village) and catch a speed boat from there. The ticket is available for both one way or return.

Here is how a return ticket works
- You leave Koh Samui after you bought a ticket.
- At dawn( around 4-5 am), the same boat will come and pick you up at the pier.

Good luck

#4 Gunism has been a member since 6/9/2007. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.