Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

finding someone to buy and sent a package to europe

Posted by catweazle on 22/2/2014 at 10:20

i have heard of a website, that connects people who want to buy something in a foreign country and the people, who are currently in this foreign country.
so u sent the order and the money to them or the website and they go shopping and bringing it to the post office for a little fee.

has anyone heard of this website or service?

Thx in advance

#1 catweazle has been a member since 13/7/2013. Posts: 7

Posted by captainbkk on 24/2/2014 at 01:21

Yes, I have (not heard, but read-amounts to the same), but that was strictly and only for the USA-who else, of course. Buy on e-bay or amazon or the like and send it to you as ''private'' as otherwise as bisnis the EU-customs would leave much more import-duty (might also be different for all 28 countries-and as usual the UK is the odd man out in that game), also th fees for sending from e-bay etc are much higher as a private can do for.
I follow some local-country/language websites for expats living in TH and never ever was this raised-but much more for the other way-i.e. sending things missed from the mothercountry to TH. I guess fora like thaivisa would be more fruitful for this type of Qs, and you can keep silent if you dont have the required TH-GF (yet).

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.