Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Longer term beach stays

Posted by adversecamber on 4/9/2007 at 21:09

I'm planning to sit out two to three months of the British winter around the beaches of Thailand without breaking the bank. Anyone know any quieter beaches with cheap single accommodation on Islands or the mainland?

#1 adversecamber has been a member since 4/9/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 5/9/2007 at 02:16

If your really trying to save the money then you must live/eat/think/sleep like a Thai! :) Try Koh Pangan for the backpaker beach location.

TIP - If you want the quiet beaches away from the masses of 'full-mooners' stay in the north east of the island. Haad yao (Long Beach) is a very nice place to stay. - I recommend haad yao bunglows

If you want to be in the middle of the full moon party (if there is one on, and there will be a full, half, black or NO moon party - all fun!) stay in or near haad Rin.

Stay away from Phuket or krabi if your on a budget. Altho they are nice places (I love krabi, Phuket is like Spain 'eewww) they are expensive in comparison

As for mainland, Pattaya has a beach. But thats a different world completly.

#2 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464

Posted by adversecamber on 5/9/2007 at 02:39

Brilliant, thanks for that. Yeh I just want to find somewhere warm, sunny and peacefull to lie low for a bit!

#3 adversecamber has been a member since 4/9/2007. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.