Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Surely not again?!! Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel

Posted by Sparts on 19/3/2014 at 12:14

Good afternoon everyone. I realise this question has been asked a dozen times, but not for a while now. I don't see any harm in me posting this again as the other threads look a little out of date or haven't been aded to in a while.

So,...we arrive into Suvarnabhumi Airport around 1pm for an overnight stay. Out flight is at 9am the following day. As we'll be travelling with a toddler we probably don't need the hassle of travelling into the city for only one night.
So then, airport hotel recommendations please. Novotel and Best Western appear to be the most obvious. Does anyone know of any others of a similar standard VERY nearby?
Novotel is obviously righht in the airport and Best Western have a regular bus service straight to the door.
Or do you have any horror stories from these two?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks again in advance.

#1 Sparts has been a member since 5/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 169
 Send Sparts a private message   Where has Sparts been? 

Posted by Geer1 on 19/3/2014 at 14:30

I stayed in a much cheaper place, Grand Pinnacle. Was close to the airport, had good clean room with hot water, air conditioning and tv. Book on agoda and their rates are good, $15-25 depending on room/airport pickup service($50 if you book on their website though so don't do that).

They offer breakfast in the morning, will shuttle you to airport and there are a couple good restaurants near by(1st place to the west is a little nicer and really good food), local joint across the road is good too but not much English spoken.

#2 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Send Geer1 a private message   Where has Geer1 been? 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 19/3/2014 at 18:38

Unlikely to have horror stories at good hotels. If u are hanging around the hotel.i would get one with a pool.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by amnicoll on 20/3/2014 at 05:38

I do not know either of the two hotels but for ease I would go to the Novotel - right on the doorstep and then if you want to venture into Bangkok for a bit of exploraration / shopping then you have easy access to the sky train

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 734
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.