please please can I get some advise and help
im flying to Thailand in 5days time
1) where to stay in Bangkok I will be backpacking and I want somewhere cheap where I can meet and mix with other people yet be in the centre of most attractions
2) spending 4 days in chaing mai . should I book my activities while there or should I do it before? I want to do as much as I can in 4days and possibly visit chaing rai if I can
3) going Phuket for 4days I want to stay in phatong in the centre of everything and meet and mix with other people where is the best place to stay that is close to everything, the beach and nightlife. are there any good backpacker hostels I can book I really want to try and do as much as I can I will go to koh phi phi on the 5th day and then spend 3days in krabi
4) best place for a backpacker to stay in koh phi phi for one night again a good location to visit places
5) best backpacking place in krabi where I can mix and make friends and do lots
6) flying to Malaysia on the 12th may and I would like any recommendations on any good backpackers place in kuala lampur
7) should I book my Malaysian activities before or can I do that there?
good place to stay in penang?
im sorry for soo many questions but iv not had time to plan properly due to a death in my family I would really appreciate some help and advise
#1 sham116 has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 2
Hard to make friends in 2 or 3 days. Read hotel reviews.on agoda and tripadvisor. Tours can be booked over there.
#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
It's almost always best to wait until you're at your destination to book tours and activities. Booking from afar in advance you're much more likely to overpay and get inaccurate info. I've lived in Chiang Mai over 10 years and it's definitely best to just get here first, and most options can be arranged just a day in advance. However it's very common for travel agents in Bangkok to say otherwise, "Oh all the elephant trekking in Chiang Mai is full unless you book now with me", etc. Nonsense.
And if you only have 4 days I wouldn't try to include Chiang Rai - not much to see there anyway, but that is purely opinion. Also a piece of advice about booking trips, etc. Compare prices, but then try to book through your guesthouse or else you may find your room strangely unavailable after a couple days. It's common practice with the cheapest guesthouses who make barely anything off their rooms and rely more on trips for business. Anyway, plenty of guesthouses in the old city especially within 10-20 min. walk from Thaphae Gate.
Ive never had a travel agent in bkk try to sell me tours for chiang mai or anywhere far from bkk.
Who r these agents?
Who r these tourists?
Why would a tourist in bkk ask about a day trip for cm there? Strange
Would a tourist in new york ask an agent about a day tour in la?
U simply fly to cm and talk to t agents there
#5 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148