Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Booking Tours on Ko Phi Phi

Posted by simonesa on 13/4/2014 at 20:25

I am looking to book a snorkeling tour that includes a short stop at Maya Bay (I already know what I am getting myself into!). However, I would like to get to Maya Bay early in the morning, because, based on reviews, this is the best time. So, If I am staying 10-15 minutes outside of Ton Sai Bay, can I just walk into town at 6 am and book a tour for that day, or will I be better off booking the tour while in Ton Sai Bay the night before?

Also, if anyone could recommend a touring company with tours departing Ko Phi Phi that stop at neighboring islands for snorkeling (including a short stop in Maya Bay), that would be great too. I am not getting a lot of hits while researching this. People keep mentioning a 6 island tour with lunch, but I cannot find any information on any specific tours.

Thanks!

#1 simonesa has been a member since 7/4/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 13/4/2014 at 22:20

1 book the night before
2 a lot of tours arent on the web

Krabi offers more tours. Phi phi has some nice beaches but rooms r overpriced and the nightlife is tryhard reggae bars

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 14/4/2014 at 16:21

Ive done a few 4 island tours but never heard of any 6 island tours.

How could u visit 6 islands in 1 day? Not practical.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/4/2014 at 18:56 admin

The six island tour is by speedboat - covers Phi Phi Leh + Mosquito & Bamboo islands and (I think) Koh Yao Yai . It is a lot of time in a speedboat and is quite expensive - perhaps 4,000 baht or so per person. If you want to do this I'd definitely book it the day before.

Aside from spending a lot of time in a speedboat, from memory the trip heads to Maya Bay on PP Leh in the afternoon, so it will be quite busy.

There could be other 6-island tours about - there are quite a few outcrops about that are ok for snorkelling that boats will moor at for 30-45 minutes of snorkelling so there may be a few variations. Heading up to Yao Noi or Yao Yai isn't a great idea as the water isn't as clear there, but there are beaches to relax on.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 14/4/2014 at 21:14

Ive been.to Bamboo island. Snorkelling was avg.

Hong and phi phi are the best. Chicken island ko kai is ok as well.

#5 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.