Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Posted by reedbj on 6/5/2014 at 19:12

My soon-to-be wife and I will be honeymooning in Thailand and will be staying for part of the trip (7/29 - 8/3) around Ko Samui. We wanted to spend around 3 nights in a somewhat secluded beach bungalow, preferably under 2500THB a night. The sort of place where we can step out onto the porch and have a view of the ocean and beach. We don't necessarily care about AC or hot showers or anything like that. We're happy to rent a car or motorcycle to get somewhere, as well.

Any recommendations? I've spent a ton of time looking/researching and am just a bit overwhelmed. Is this something we could do ahead of time, or is it easier to just show up, look around, and find something? We don't necessarily need to be next to any nightlife or anything, either (though I suppose things being 1-2km distance would be a plus).

Even recommendations for specific/preferred beaches on any of the three islands would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all the help!

#1 reedbj has been a member since 6/5/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 6/5/2014 at 20:01

Why do yanks put the month first?

You could try Hanalei Gardens on Samui. Its away from.the touristy beaches.

900 baht

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by sarah6969pink on 12/5/2014 at 15:20

I'd highly recommend Seaflower in Koh Phangnan-if you go when there is not a full moon party you will feel like you're in old school Thailand right on the beach.....falling asleep listening to the sea...amazing! not the most luxurious though, but lovely owners and great vibe.

#3 sarah6969pink has been a member since 28/10/2013. Posts: 26

Posted by riderol on 18/5/2014 at 15:34

If you are looking for a reliable car rental service with clear payments look here have traveled with them in 3 countries already and I can definitely recommend them.

#4 riderol has been a member since 18/5/2014. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.