Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

New Visa Requirements - Question

Posted by lonetraveller on 14/5/2014 at 09:34

Hi guys,

I really confused by the change in Visa requirements in Thailand.

I am due into Bangkok on the 6th of August - I will be entering/leaving the country to go to Malaysia and Burma. My departing flight from BKK is the 2nd of September. I already have 4 stamps for BKK in the past year from other trips. Will I be ok with getting a tourist visa each time I re-enter the country or do I need a different one??

Not sure what the changes mean for me...

#1 lonetraveller has been a member since 14/5/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by captainbkk on 14/5/2014 at 15:18

do you FLY in/out every time or by land? This new rule is so new, that there is hardly any experience, except by some people going in/out at the very last day every time of their 30-day visaEXEMPT, which clearly wil not apply to you.
You should be OK, as all further (thaivisa panickmaker and other) tell that genuine tourists using TH as base to visit the ASEAN around, are exempt. In fact the official rules say it will apply AFTER the 1st land-entry.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by DLuek on 14/5/2014 at 20:21 TF writer

I agree with captainbkk that you'll probably be okay, mainly because you'll have that plane ticket out of Thailand on Sept. 2 to show as proof that you intend to leave. But ultimately it will be up to the immigration officer... I'd follow the threads on thaivisa.com over the next couple months to see how things are playing out.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,171
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by lonetraveller on 15/5/2014 at 08:53

Thanks for the responses!

If anyone has any experiences with the Visas then please inform us

#4 lonetraveller has been a member since 14/5/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 16/5/2014 at 09:38 TF writer

Here's some seemingly good updated info on this: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Tourist-visa-runs-not-dead-Immigration-boss/29460#ad-image-0

Looks like all you'll need is an air ticket or some other proof that you're a "genuine tourist".

#5 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,171
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.