Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Minivan from Krabi airport to Koh Lanta

Posted by swag on 17/9/2007 at 12:17

Hi all, does anyone have update pricing for the above transfer for 2 people. I am assuming the quickest is via a/c minivan direct to accommodation on Lanta

#1 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Posted by grazee on 20/9/2007 at 20:54

2300 Baht when we were there in April. Expensive but comfortable and direct.

There are also communal mini busses that are crowded but much cheaper or the ferry which is a pleasant and cheap option.

Enjoy your travels,

Grazee

#2 grazee has been a member since 29/6/2007. Posts: 7

Posted by swag on 21/9/2007 at 12:00

Thanks Grazee I probably should have been more specific. We are quite happy to share minivans with other travellers so if anyone knows of a price share minivan/ferry combo ticket price that would be great.
thanks

#3 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Posted by grazee on 21/9/2007 at 20:24

Hi Swag, the airport is a bit out of town, so unless you are sure that you have a few passengers it's probably not worth booking a minivan from the airport (unless you don't mind the expense).
Depending when you arrive, you can catch a cab from the airport to the port for about 300 Baht and then a ferry (1030 and 1330 depending on season) about 400 Baht or so to Lanta (2 hours). Otherwise the communal minibusses run from Krabi to Lanta about every hour. Last time I used one it was 300 Baht per person and VERY crowded.
Have Fun,

Grazee

#4 grazee has been a member since 29/6/2007. Posts: 7

Posted by planetclare on 22/9/2007 at 01:07

Where do you catch the communal minivans to Lanta--is it near the ferry port?

Thanks!
Clare

#5 planetclare has been a member since 13/11/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by grazee on 22/9/2007 at 09:04

Hi Clare,

We booked our tickets with a local agent (PS Tours, 77/1 Uttarakut Rd) and were picked up at our hotel, so I guess if you use an agent, but aren't staying at a hotel, they will pick you up at the agency. Otherwise, you will have to head out to the local bus station (on the main road not far from the airport)by sonthaew and get a van from there.
Enjoy your travels

Grazee

#6 grazee has been a member since 29/6/2007. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.