Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Money on Ko Chang, Ko Mak, Ko Wai

Posted by sarah100 on 21/9/2007 at 16:03

Does anyone know if there are places to get cash/atms/use travellers cheques on the smaller islands around Ko Chang?

Do the small hotels/huts take cards or should we take all our cash with us.

A little worried about carrying large amounts of cash around.

#1 sarah100 has been a member since 13/9/2007. Posts: 7

Posted by Gunism on 24/9/2007 at 00:32

There're no ATMs or any places you can get your cash on Ko Mak, Ko Wai and also Ko Kham. However, the islands are small and not busy at all, and it's quite safe there.

There may be some resorts, not many, on Ko Mak accepting your credit cards; but I'm not sure about Ko Wai. The last, Ko Kham,a one-resort island: only cash is available there.

Anyway, I don't think you'll need large amount of money there, coz there're not many things to spend your money for, except food,drinks,accommodation and a bit of sea activities.

Good luck.

#2 Gunism has been a member since 6/9/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by swag on 24/9/2007 at 06:53

Hi you have plenty of places on Koh Chang to get cash for the other islands. We were on Koh Mak in march and you can get a cash advance from Koh Mak resort if you fall short. I think they charge about 3.5% for the cash advance but can come in handy.

#3 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331
 Send swag a private message 

Posted by sarah100 on 24/9/2007 at 20:33

Thank you all for your help. Sarah

#4 sarah100 has been a member since 13/9/2007. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.