Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand in December

Posted by FindlayLJ2427 on 17/7/2014 at 12:20

Hi, can anyone recommend a Thai island with good weather, nightlife, food, and a beach around the first week in December. I know it's probably a stupid question but I want the inside scope. Thanks Findlay

#1 FindlayLJ2427 has been a member since 17/7/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by Captain_Bob on 18/7/2014 at 00:58

Have a look at this island review https://www.travelfish.org/islands.php
A-List (most popular with big tourist infrastructure) Phuket, Phi Phi, Ko Lanta, Samui, etc.
B-List (range of options, slightly more chilled) Ko Lipe, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao, Ko Muk, Ko Kradan, etc.
C-List (slightly off the beaten path but getting popular) Ko Jum, Ko Phayam, Ko Yao Noi/Yai, etc.
Personally in December I'd be heading for Ko Lanta, Ko Lipe, or maybe Ko Kradan, and I'd be booking accommodation in advance.
Or I'd be waiting until March when the crowds are gone ;-)

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by SiamAndBeyond on 21/7/2014 at 04:49

What kind of nightlife are you interested in?
Every island has good weather, food, and a beach.
Nightlife can be quite different from place to place.

#3 SiamAndBeyond has been a member since 21/7/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by FindlayLJ2427 on 21/7/2014 at 04:54

Thanks for the info Captain_Bob - I think we're definitely going to visit Koh Lanta (I've never been there) and maybe one of the Islands on the B list. We'll need to catch a flight back to Bangkok so we don't want too much hassle getting to the airport.

SiamAndBeyond - We're looking for a mixture of wild nights and nice restaurants. We'll a bit old for partying 24hrs!

#4 FindlayLJ2427 has been a member since 17/7/2014. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.