Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Essential Spots in Thailand?

Posted by caroquette on 17/7/2014 at 19:49

Hey everyone, sorry if this is a repeated post.

What are the key-essential spots to visit in Thailand?

I am already going to:
- Chiang Mai;
- Ayutthaya;
- Bangkok;
- Ko Pha Ngan;
- Ko Tao.

Thank you so much for your help!

#1 caroquette has been a member since 15/4/2014. Posts: 22

Posted by exacto on 17/7/2014 at 21:34

Hi caroquette,

Those are certainly fun spots, but it would depend also on what you like to do, what your budget is, what time of year you are going, and how much time you have.

The places you've picked include a few of my favorites, and are popular destinations. If you'd like to get a bit more off the beaten path, try Sukhothai or Kamphaeng Phet for ruins, Nong Khai or Trat for small city Thai life, and Kanchanaburi for outdoorsy stuff. If you want to meet MADMAC, you'll need to go to Mukdahan, which is another lovely northeastern Thailand Mekong River town.

Let us know what you like, etc., and we can make more recommendations. Regards.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,659
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by KaseyMose on 26/8/2014 at 03:27

Chiang Mai is simply beautiful, but commercialization takes away the essence of it a bit. As I recall the experience at the Anantara Chiang Mai Resort & Spa brings it back perfectly though. It is a picturesque resort and totally worth the cost.

#3 KaseyMose has been a member since 23/5/2014. Posts: 7

Posted by MADMAC on 26/8/2014 at 11:32

Yep, we all have different tastes. I love Issan, but a lot of people find it mundane and boring. It really depends on what you're looking for.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.