Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

How was the White Sands Beach Resort on Koh Chang?

Posted by tttraveller on 8/10/2007 at 00:22

We are looking at going to Koh Chang as well for Christmas. Has anyone stayed at the White Sands Beach Resort? How was it?

Look forward to your reply.
T. Naylor

#1 tttraveller has been a member since 6/10/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by goo_stewart on 10/10/2007 at 10:34

Its a good resort, there are a few better, but it is good. The whole island is a bit lackluster though. I have been a few times, never really been inspired though. The resort you want is still good.

#2 goo_stewart has been a member since 10/10/2007. Posts: 69

Posted by exacto on 16/10/2007 at 10:18

White Sand used to be my favorite resort on Koh Chang when I was visiting regularly in the late 1990's and early 2000's. I haven't been for several years, however, after the island underwent significant development.

What I liked best about White Sand was that it was a good 1 km walk up the beach from the road, more or less at the end of the beach, which meant that there wasn't any car traffic (no road) and not much foot traffic either.

The sand and water there were excellent. The rooms were just okay, although several were right on the water, which made for the paradise island atmosphere most of us seek. The staff was always a bit indifferent and the food good but better available for a short walk down the beach. Regards.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.