Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Need itinerary help: Bangkok - Khao Sok - Railay Beach

Posted by rochi on 14/10/2007 at 16:14

Hello,

I'm stopping over in Thailand for six days on my way to India in February. After doing some research I've come up with a tentative itinerary. Please let me know if this looks reasonable...

Sat 09:00 - Arrive at BKK airport
2 days, 1 night in Bangkok

Sun night - Train to Surat Thani
Mon early morning - Bus/van to Khao Sok
2 days, 2 nights in Khao Sok

Wed morning - Taxi/bus to Ao Nang, longtail to Railay beach
1+ days, 1 night in Railay and surrounds

Thu late morning - Longtail back to Ao Nang, taxi/bus to Phuket airport
15:15 - 16:40 Flight to BKK airport
19:50 Depart from BKK to India

I'm wondering if this is too ambitious, particularly near the end. Will I be able to fit in all three destinations in six days? Should I shift anything around? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

#1 rochi has been a member since 13/10/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/10/2007 at 17:32 admin

Hi rochi,

It looks good till Railay, which is (as I think you suspect) rushed. If you leave Khao Sok first thing in the morning, you still won't be wading in water on Railay till early to mid afternoon then you'll need to leave by late morning to get to Phuket for flight -- bus from Ao nang to Phuket takes a while -- I'm guessing here, but would say around 3 hours...

Only solution I can think of is to skip the night train and look for some kinda tourist minibus direct from Bkk to Khao Sok, then one night there and two on railay -- but either way it's a rush -- perhaps pick one or the other?

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.