Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Anyone in Chiang Rai now???

Posted by qazxc on 26/2/2015 at 09:40

Hey there! I've been being in Chiang rai since Monday till Saturday (maybe Sunday) I'm here alone. I'd like to know is there any nice cafe for studying? And would be great if someone can hangout with me.
Have a lovely day :)

#1 qazxc has been a member since 26/2/2015. Location: Thailand. Posts: 2
 Send qazxc a private message   Where has qazxc been? 

Posted by MADMAC on 26/2/2015 at 11:01

Nope, no people in Chiang Rai. The second coming has happened, and the earth is in transition.

How is it possible you are in a city of hundreds of thousands of people and you are all alone? Seriously.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 26/2/2015 at 11:02

Go to any bar or cafe and you will meet people. Just don't put your nose in a book, strike up conversation... you'll be good to go. Trust me.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by qazxc on 27/2/2015 at 12:56

Yeah, I went to the cafe but not much people there and everyone seemed to be busy with their business. So, I went to the restaurant & bar, it worked there're somebody smiled to me, their smiles didn't look creepy but I didn't dare to talk to them anyway. While I was having food, I felt like there's someone was looking at me sometimes, he didn't look creepy at all cos he's there for food and reading but after i paid the bill, he also did and followed me. So,I just walked as fast as possible with my short legs to catch Tuk Tuk. It was pretty late, so I didn't think I should give him a chance to prove if he's nice or not at the moment. Alright, better to back to put my nose in a book. I'm gonna leave tomorrow. Anyway I had fun alot here. I learned making friends in the guesthouse is easier and better and safer hah

Thanks for your advice MADMAC

#4 qazxc has been a member since 26/2/2015. Location: Thailand. Posts: 2
 Send qazxc a private message   Where has qazxc been? 

Posted by exacto on 27/2/2015 at 16:09

Chiang Rai has hundreds of thousands of people now? Wow. The city has really grown.

Making friends like MADMAC says usually works great, and chatting up people in the guesthouse is a good option too. But in my experience an even better way is to book a day trip. You'll be out with the same folks all day, and unless you are really unlucky, odds are you'll find someone to talk to on the day trip. Even if you don't, at least you are around other people for that time. I think day trips are a really good way to meet people. You can stop by travel agencies in most tourist destinations and see what they have available. Cheers.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,708
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.