Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Southern Thailand

Posted by Harry05 on 25/10/2007 at 02:12

Will be travelling in southern Thailand in the first 2 weeks of december. I know there are a lot of topics and good websites with info about the places where I want to go (and I already have been reading a lot), but it's also the experience of other travellers (also about time) I would like to know, including advice on itinerary. My itineray looks like this:
Arriving in Phuket by plane (staying 2 days, propably Karong Beach), take a boat to Phi Phi (about 2 hrs?, staying 2 days, one day taking a boat tour), take a boat to Krabi (2 hrs?, Ao Nang or Railay?, staying 2 days, one day taking a boat tour), go to Phang Nga by bus in the morning, taking a tour in the afternoon, next day returning to Phuket and head up north to Khao Sok NP (then Ranong, visa run and head up north). My questions:
* Good itinerary or should I skip one place/island (or a tour) because a lot of places look more or less the same? If yes, which place? Which place is not to be missed?
* I suppose it's much better to stay on Phi Phi than taking a quick day tour from Phuket?
* Need to make reservations in any places during this period?
* Advice on boat tours? Other recommendations?
Maybe good to know I'm not a diver and I do not intend to visit other islands/beaches in Thailand.

Thanks answering,

#1 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.