Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

2007/08 New Years Party in Bangkok

Posted by ambz on 25/10/2007 at 08:31

I am traveling through Bangkok over new years and am wondering what are the festivals, or where is a good safe fun place to go to celebrate??? Everytime I google I get heaps of info on last years bombings? which sound awful? I did not hear about them as i was out of media reach. Anyways if anyone has some ideas i would greatly appreciated a hit back... thank x

#1 ambz has been a member since 3/10/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by goo_stewart on 25/10/2007 at 10:57

Last new year was a bit chaotic in central Bangkok (I didn't notice as I was out of the central area). The bombs caused a great deal of problems, rumors and cancellations. Outside of Bangkok everything pretty much went ahead as planned.

To avoid these problems (dunno if it will happen again this year - we are entering an election period) go to a smaller venue and stick with it. The central 'festival' may be a target again, if not a specific terrorist target maybe a target of false bomb warnings. I will be staying in Lat Phrao and staying well clear of the centre.

#2 goo_stewart has been a member since 10/10/2007. Posts: 69

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.