Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Sayan Tours in Ao Phang Nga

Posted by Harry05 on 28/10/2007 at 23:02

Just saw some info on the website of Sayan Tours in Ao Phang Nga. They offer a tour through the bay leaving 14.00 PM (the normal 4 hours day tour) with an overnight stay in Koh Panyee muslim fishing village including dinner/breakfast and back to Ao Phang Nga at 8.30 AM. Price is 750 Baht. To me it looks good, being 2 times in the bay, with sunset and sunrise.

Can anyone recommend (or not) this tour (or other good tours)? Is it a normal price? You think I have to make reservations for beginning of december of just go there?

After Ao Phang Nga I want to go to Khao Sok NP. Is there a direct/regular connection/transport to Khao Sok? Do I have to go via Takua Pa or are there shorter connections (Kapong?). How long will it take to get there?

Thanx answering,

Harry.

#1 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/10/2007 at 14:01 admin

Sayan's a very long operating business -- price sounds more than reasonable. I'd say no need to book ahead -- just show up. From Phang Nga to Khao Sok you've got three options:

a) bus heading to Surat Thani, jump off at Ban Ta Khun and arrange transport from there to the park entrance on route 401.

b) bus heading north via Kapong turnoff to Takua Pa, then change buses for a Surat Thani bus travelling on 401 and jump off at park entrance

c) look for some kind of tourist minibus service that will head straight to the park.

Trip time I'd guestimate at 2-4 hours depending on connections and bus taken.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.