Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Similan bungalow bookings

Posted by McCaskell on 30/10/2007 at 11:52

I booked a bungalow for early December on Ko Similan through the national parks office website. I am in Canada and I followed their instructions for wiring money to their account at Krung Thai bank; however, after two weeks they still claim that the money hasn't arrived and have not confirmed the booking. I don't speak Thai and their attendants on the phone don't speak much English. Bookings are supposed to expire in two days after a reservation is done if payment isn't made, and at least they keep extending the deadline each time I call. My bank says it's costly and time-consuming to trace and recall the money, and I do want to go to the island--and not lose my money.

Does anyone have experience with this? Advice on how to resolve the situation? Like is there a head office that one might contact where someone might take responsibility by contacting the bank?

Thanks for any help.

#1 McCaskell has been a member since 14/8/2007. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.