Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

East or west coast this time of year?

Posted by sallymaher on 30/10/2007 at 16:58

I am already in Thailand and currently staying near the beach in Krabbi, I visited Phi Phi today which was beaytiful and am unsure as to hjow to spend my next two weeks here before heding to Cambodia. I was really keen to head to the East coast then Bangkok before leaving but here that the weather will be really bad and there will be no boats running on the east coast at this time of year, I wouldnt like to iss out as I really want to visit the east coast althouigh I would like to have good weather.

Any suggestions as to where I should head from Krabbi and how to spend two weeks? I guess I would like a combination of chilled out and not too touristy but also a bit of a party at some point too.

#1 sallymaher has been a member since 30/10/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 31/10/2007 at 09:45 admin

November isn't a great month to head to Samui, Pha Ngan and Tao, but rest assured, the boats will still be running.

November is though a great time to visit Ko Samet and Ko Chang -- both of which are on the way to Cambodia...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by sagred on 31/10/2007 at 21:02

Oh dear I'm starting to worry now as I'm going to be travelling out there in the next couple of weeks :( Whats the weather like in general at this time of year?

#3 sagred has been a member since 31/10/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by shore9 on 1/11/2007 at 08:27

I have 9 days in the south of Thailand and my flight is booked to/from Phuket, would you guys recommend just staying on the west coast?

#4 shore9 has been a member since 4/10/2007. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/11/2007 at 08:56 admin

For general weather questions you best to refer to our Thailand weather section, or, if you don't want to read that much, we've got a handy weather map here.

Shore9, (without knowing what time of the year you're going) I'd say stick to one coast -- there are stacks of islands to choose from on the Andaman coast, and unless you have a strong desire to hit the Full Moon Party, there's little on the east coast you won't see on the west coast.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by shore9 on 1/11/2007 at 09:05

I am going there next thursday for 2 weeks to thailand (9 days in the Phuket area)

#6 shore9 has been a member since 4/10/2007. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/11/2007 at 09:23 admin

Then I'd definitely stick to the Andaman Coast. With nine days you could see a bit of Phuket, Ko Phi Phi and perhaps Railay Beach or another island like Ko Lanta.

No need to go to the east coast unless you really want to.

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.