Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Patpong Area Accomodation

Posted by jenperry on 3/11/2007 at 12:35

Hi, Has anyone stayed in the Patpong area of Bangkok, & can they recommend accomodation - ($US30-60)for here for a single person. Also - I am not the partying type so have been told not to stay near Kho Sang Road, and it's been suggested by a few to say in the Patpong area. I'm a single female traveller, so can anyone confirm that htis is a good spot, is there somewhere else that's central,e tc? Thanks for your time, Jen

#1 jenperry has been a member since 14/10/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by goo_stewart on 3/11/2007 at 13:42

There are a few cheaper end hotels in your price range in Silom (Patpong 1 and 2 are roads off the major Silom Road). I would recommend doing an internet search on Silom hotels. Its a good place, my friend lives on Soi Convent, just off Silom and opposite Patpong. There is a lot to do and its close to the Skytrain and Underground. A better place would be Sukhumvit which tends to have a wider range of accommodation and is close to all the shopping.

Personally I would stay in Sukhumvit if given the choice, but both places are good, and you will find your required accommodation in both.

#2 goo_stewart has been a member since 10/10/2007. Posts: 69

Posted by Apple_pie on 30/11/2007 at 16:47 , check it out

#3 Apple_pie has been a member since 30/11/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by sunnyukmarky on 2/12/2007 at 16:06

If I was you I wouldnt stay anywhere in Patong. Its like the other resort beginning with P near Bangkok. Frankly Phuket is is such a mass business island I am very dissappointed and after spending 1 week here I am leaving to less of a business /money/ tourist/overpriced place in Thailand for the remeinder of my month in Thailand.

#4 sunnyukmarky has been a member since 10/11/2007. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.