Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

where to stay in phuket to get to phi phi easy?

Posted by darrenh on 13/11/2007 at 18:40

hi,
great website. think my girlfriend is jealous of it, i spend so much time on it!!
i will be arriving at phuket airport and staying on the island for 2 days before going to phi phi. i am looking for somewhere that is not too quite but not as busy as Patong and also easy to get to the pier for the boat to phi phi? any suggestions will be much appreciated.

#1 darrenh has been a member since 8/11/2007. Posts: 14

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/11/2007 at 21:13 admin

Welcome to Travelfish and apologies to your girlfriend! All the main beaches will have straightforward transport to get to the pier -- sometimes a transfer is built into the ticket price, so no need to lose sleep over that.

For a particular recommendation, I'd say Kata Beach may be what you're looking for. There's stacks of places to stay, eat and drink, and two fine beaches within walking distance. If that's too busy, then Kamala would be my second suggestion.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,577
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by darrenh on 14/11/2007 at 03:14

we will be travelling mid march. should we book a place to stay in before we go or chance it when we arrive. we are looking for a beach hut between 1000-2000 per night. is there many or is it all hotels?
thanks for all your help

#3 darrenh has been a member since 8/11/2007. Posts: 14

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/11/2007 at 09:40 admin

Mid march, booking not essential.

Accommodation on Kata/Karon/Patong is mostly hotels -- with cheaper accommodation in guesthouses back off the beach. For old style beach bungalow, you could try Kamala or in particular Ya Nui Beach in the south.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,577
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by shore9 on 15/11/2007 at 08:24

I want to get from Phuket pier to Kata beach, what is the best way to do this? I'd prefer to take a taxi, but worried that may cost 400 - 500 baht.

#5 shore9 has been a member since 4/10/2007. Posts: 17

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.