Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Island Choice for Next 3 Wks

Posted by jella82 on 14/11/2007 at 18:10

hi guys, i know this q has prob been asked a 1000 times but which side of thai islands has best weather at the moment? I have heard Ko Samui is in middle of monsoon... Just want 3 wks of sun and nice beaches before I head back to wet & cold ireland!! thx..

#1 jella82 has been a member since 20/6/2007. Posts: 9

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/11/2007 at 10:27 admin

Hi jella82,

For weather questions for Thailand, you're best to start with our Thailand weather map -- you can mouse over different parts of the country and it will show you what the weather is (supposed) to be like.

November, west coast is better.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by exacto on 15/11/2007 at 23:43

Even if you are on the gulf side, the rain rarely falls all day long. You'll typically get a few hours of heavy rain sometime during the day (or night) and be able to enjoy yourself during the other hours. If you can put up with those conditions, you'll usually get discounted rooms and other services as your reward.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by stockamole on 19/11/2007 at 10:48

You are probably best off on the west coast islands. Check out the lesser known Trang islands like Laoliang or further north like Yao Noi if you want sort of off the beaten path locations.

#4 stockamole has been a member since 19/11/2007. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.