Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Yao noi to phi phi

Posted by snepat on 14/11/2015 at 23:32

Hi,
we're planning to stay in ko yao noi for a few days before heading over to ko phi phi. What would be the simplest/fastest way to get there? This is for two people.

#1 snepat has been a member since 29/10/2015. Posts: 5

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by DLuek on 15/11/2015 at 22:31 TF writer

I think you have to first go to Krabi (Ao Nang area or Krabi town) or Phuket and transfer to one of the speedboats from there. But you never know, there might be a direct boat running this year so ask around on Yao Noi first.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,328
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by j2016 on 20/11/2015 at 09:52

Do not want hijack but topic could be related! so hope that is ok! :-)
Boat wise topic, are the price all the same? to go from one island to the other one?
I know that we will never get Local price as tourist always pay more -
Can we get really cheaper from the pier? or should we consider to book with hotel / local travel agent there to arrange transportation straight from hotel to next island?
Thanks,

#3 j2016 has been a member since 25/10/2015. Posts: 27
 Send j2016 a private message 

Posted by lanathai on 23/11/2015 at 00:07 TF writer

Just ask at the pier on Yao Noi or your hotel/bungalow and they'll be able to fix you up with a transfer from your hotel to Phi Phi -- the usual package includes Taxi-Ferry-Taxi-Ferry (taxi to Yao Noi pier, ferry to Phuket , taxi to Phuket pier, ferry to Phi Phi).

On Phuket, there's no benefit to booking at the pier since the taxi cost to get there will be hefty. Best to book a ferry at your hotel or nearby travel desk, which will add 50 to 100 baht to the ticket for transfer to the pier, depending on where you're at on Phuket.

#4 lanathai has been a member since 21/7/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 36
 Send lanathai a private message   Where has lanathai been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by snepat on 23/11/2015 at 01:58

update:
our hotel was able to arrange a direct boat for about 1800THB for 2 people.

#5 snepat has been a member since 29/10/2015. Posts: 5

Posted by lanathai on 23/11/2015 at 02:41 TF writer

Sounds reasonable...was that a speedboat transfer? Did you share the boat with others?

#6 lanathai has been a member since 21/7/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 36
 Send lanathai a private message   Where has lanathai been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by snepat on 23/11/2015 at 05:35

Haven't travelled yet. I'll update afterwards.

#7 snepat has been a member since 29/10/2015. Posts: 5

Posted by gorbacsov on 25/1/2016 at 01:48

We did the Yao Noi - Phi Phi trip in a speedboat just a week ago, it seems several resorts/tour operators are advertising and booking this boat trip. The sticker they gave us says Koh Yao Sun Smile Tour and we paid 1200 THB per person including transfer to the pier which is rather expensive but it was quick and convenient. It was a smaller speedboat with maybe 8 passengers and it's supposed to leave at 8.30 in the morning from Yao Yai. We left from Manoh Pier in Yao Noi at 9.00 and the trip took 1 hour to Phi Phi.

#8 gorbacsov has been a member since 24/1/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by Traveliss on 2/4/2016 at 02:26

I think the boat provide by your hotel is reasonable price. Taking a ferry might the same or a little cheaper but taking long time journey and you have to make sure the time arrive Phuket from Yao Noi and time the ferry leave from Phuket to Phi Phi is match.

#9 Traveliss has been a member since 29/3/2016. Location: Thailand. Posts: 6
 Send Traveliss a private message   Facebook  

Posted by wanderer143 on 24/1/2017 at 15:09

From what I know of, there are no direct ferries from Ko Yao Noi to Phi Phi. It's either you go there via Phuket or Krabi. You might wanna see the schedule list at PhuketFerry. Best to contact their customer service too. They have been very helpful and responsive in giving travel advice in my experience. I believe this option of taking a ferry is way cheaper.

#10 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 117

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.