Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Good destinations in Thailand for meeting people?

Posted by aludel on 15/11/2007 at 12:38

Hi all!

This is my first time travelling alone, and I'm wondering which places (ouside of Bangkok) are the best for meeting other travellers?

I've just spent two weeks doing northern Thailand and I found that the crowd was generally a bit older (I'm in my early 20s) and/or couples. I'm now keen to head south but I'm wary of being stuck with families/honeymooners/sex tourists.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Al

#1 aludel has been a member since 15/11/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/11/2007 at 06:13 admin

Pretty much any island! Southwest coast, Ko Lanta gets a lot of families, but nearby Ko Jum is popular with backpackers, as is Ko Muuk further south again. Ko Phi Phi is of course huge, but it's very crowded.

On the mainland, Railay Beach and Ton Sai beach out of Krabi on the west coast is also good.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by goo_stewart on 16/11/2007 at 10:26

Agree with Somtam, pick an island and go. Chang, Samet, Pan ngan etc. Stay away from Pattaya/Phuket/Samui, but pretty much any place else is great and you will be with people of your age and interests.

#3 goo_stewart has been a member since 10/10/2007. Posts: 69
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.