Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Beaches between Phuket & Ko Phayam

Posted by iciclesecret on 4/12/2015 at 06:17

Hey all,

I've visited a Thailand handful of times - spend two or three weeks a time there for holidays, but this time, it's slightly different as I'll be pregnant, so instead of seeing loads, we are going to keep it by the beach and slow things down a little (not entirely, but a little). We plan to spend some time at Ko Phayam, but will intially fly into Phuket or Krabi as the connections into Ranong don't work well with our flight to Bangkok. I'd love to stop off somewhere on the way for 3 nights or so to break up the journey to Ko Phayam. The obvious suggestion seems to be Khao Lak, but it seems very much like big resorts, which we aren't massively keen on. I'd rather have something a little more rustic, that can be fancy boutique rustic or a cheap hut on a beach but maybe that's there hidden away? I'm also happy this time to spend a little more on massage and great food as both of which are very exciting for a pregnant woman on holiday who can't drink, so very open to any ideas for great spa/restaurants in the region also - which may mean it wouldn't be such a bad idea to go for a resort style few days I guess....and we do have a lovely rustic beach hut to stay in at Ko Phayam.

Any thoughts of any beaches/accomodation that might fit the description would be gratefully recieved! x

#1 iciclesecret has been a member since 17/7/2008. Posts: 16

Posted by laphanphon on 5/12/2015 at 02:14

Khao Lak has quite a few smaller places to stay at, some beach front, some set up near the main road. Haven't been there in about 10+ years, so my info would be dated.

Arandora.....over on TripAdvisor splits his time between KL and the UK, and knows everything there is to know about the place.

Would be great place to stop on the way, or stay the whole trip. Been to both, KL and KP, and both worthy a long stay.

Arandora:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/Arandora

#2 laphanphon has been a member since 29/12/2004. Posts: 50

Posted by laphanphon on 5/12/2015 at 02:55

Just noticed this, articles that he's posted:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-inside/Arandora

#3 laphanphon has been a member since 29/12/2004. Posts: 50

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.