Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Kradan or Ko Libong (or both?)

Posted by maristia on 9/3/2016 at 19:14

So, we're heading to Trang from Bangkok next week, and we've read great things about both island. However, we can't decide if we should go to both, or choose one, and which one for that matter. Do you think it's worth it to visit both, or are they too similar?
Thanks!

#1 maristia has been a member since 5/1/2016. Posts: 4

Posted by nicklenac on 9/3/2016 at 21:10

I've been to both, but its probably at least 7 years ago now. At the time Koh Libong was a quiet but beautiful spot with only a handful of resorts. It was family run and friendly, and the locals played football behind the beach of an afternoon. We went to a big match at the main town on the island too, and everyone was super friendly.

Koh Kradan, was stunning, but completely opposite in that respect. We found it less friendly and more oriented to resort style accommodation (although pretty simple at the time). We visited on a day snorkelling trip which was easy to organise on Koh Libong. Koh Kradan is probably the prettier, but Koh Libong is still stunning and we also hired kayaks to reach other beaches on the island which were beautiful and deserted.

Obviously our experience is quite out of date now, so would be good to hear from those who have been recently.

#2 nicklenac has been a member since 23/8/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by wanderer143 on 24/5/2016 at 10:49

Both have gorgeous beaches but if I have to choose, I'd go for Koh Kradan. If you can visit both, then the better it is!

#3 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 81

Posted by hannekelights on 8/1/2017 at 07:07

During my last Thailand trip I visited both.

When it comes to beaches and snorkeling, I experienced Kradan to be more beautiful. The water was clearer and the beaches brighter.

Libong was very sleepy, and the locals were nice and helpful. Not so tourist oriented. A local fisherman took me dugong spotting (no luck) and squid fishing. It was nice.

When you are traveling by yourself, and are social minded I would also recommend Kradan, as there are more people that come to this island.

As for the piece and quiet, I would definitely say Libong.

#4 hannekelights has been a member since 8/1/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by smiliemail on 31/1/2017 at 18:56

Hi
A group of us went to Ko Libong early last year. We would go there again due to it being very relaxed AND very close to Ko Kradan, Ko Rok, Emerald cave, etc.
I am a photographer and I wrote a free PDF eBOOK about this Photojourney and also one to Ko Lipe in early 2015.
Have a look at http://photojourney.smiliemail.org/ and scroll down to see the eBooks.
Enjoy!

ciao

#5 smiliemail has been a member since 2/11/2015. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.