Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

phi phi & lanta & phuket & krabi

Posted by themudblood on 5/12/2007 at 13:09

hi guys,

me and some frens plan to spend about 5 days in the islands of phi phi and lanta, in early feb 2008 (wonder if that's a good timing?). i got a couple of questions:

a. is it sensible to travel to phi phi from phuket, then to lanta, and back to phuket again? or it's better to end our journey at krabi instead?

b. can anyone please suggest places for us to stay in those islands. we have a budget of about usd50-60 per nite per room. we have checked out the listing in this website, the amount of information was overwhelming (yet very useful) - we are having some difficulties in deciding which ones to pick :)

Thank you very much!

#1 themudblood has been a member since 13/3/2007. Posts: 15

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/12/2007 at 14:45 admin

Hi Irman,

a) If you've no pressing reason to return to Phuket, then heading back to Krabi makes sense as it is far closer to Ko Lanta.

b) What kind of place are you looking for? Give me a bit more info and I'll try to make a couple of recommendations.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by themudblood on 6/12/2007 at 07:50

hi somtam2000, thanks for your reply.

we are looking at places close to the seaside, with air-conditioned rooms. somewhat away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre. we are not quite into the nite scenes, anyway. :)

also, wonder if you could recommend some good companies that offer island hopping/snorkelling activities at reasonable prices.

thank you!

#3 themudblood has been a member since 13/3/2007. Posts: 15

Posted by pamfelt on 23/1/2008 at 15:24

Doesanyone know if there is regular transport ( mini vans or buses ) from krabi airport to koh lanta around 6.30 pm. If not how is the best way to get there at that time.

#4 pamfelt has been a member since 17/9/2006. Posts: 4

Posted by Tilapia on 25/1/2008 at 04:39

Don't think you can get to the islands after dark, Pamfelt. You may have to spend the night in Krabi and head out the next morning.

Themudblood, lots of the resorts on the islands offer boat trips. They're usually pretty reasonable as long as you have a handful of people going to split the cost.

#5 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,507
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.