Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Free Thai Visa from Dec to Feb.

Posted by altmtl on 23/12/2016 at 03:08

Hi,

Much to my surprize today I got a free Thai visa for a single entry at the Bangkok consulate :)

#1 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by DLuek on 23/12/2016 at 23:39 TF writer

At the "Bangkok consulate"? Normally visas can only be applied for outside of Thailand... Correction or elaboration please!

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,236
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by altmtl on 23/12/2016 at 23:42

It was at the "bangkok consulate" in Montreal - Thank You

#3 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/12/2016 at 00:46 admin

The free 60-day visa thing also mentioned by SBE here - seems like a good deal!

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,817
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by SBE on 24/12/2016 at 01:52

There was an official announcement about it on Nov 30th I think and it came into effect the next day.

I got a free visa in Vientiane a few days ago. There's an announcement about the free visa on their website http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/news/announce/detail.php?ID=407

Queues for the visa application were massive but they were still processing the applications in one day. In fact you HAVE to pick up your passport the following day or the visa will be null and void.

Another thing people should be aware of (for the Vientiane consulate at least) is that visa applications will be refused if no proper street address is provided for your guest house or hotel. A guest house/hotel telephone number is also required on the application form, plus the phone number of a sponsor in Thailand.

#5 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,044
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.