Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

What Island should we stay on in Thailand after Bangkok?

Posted by adanma92 on 13/1/2017 at 12:20

Hi, my boyfriend and I (in our mid-twenties) will be going to Thailand in April for the first time, for 2 weeks. We are spending 3 days in Bangkok and want to spend the rest of the holiday relaxing and exploring one of the Islands. I was going to do Phuket but have read so many discouraging things about it online. Should we fly to Krabi instead or the Phi Phi Islands?

I'm having a really hard time deciding, any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

#1 adanma92 has been a member since 13/1/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by exacto on 13/1/2017 at 13:28

For that time of year, I think you'll have the best weather in the Gulf of Thailand, so I would likely head to Ko Samui and that area. You can fly from Bangkok directly to Samui, or use the cheaper route of flying to Surat Thani and then bus/ferry combo to the islands. Best yet, at least in my opinion, would be to bus or train down the coast with an overnight stopover in places like Prachuap Khiri Khan or Chumphon to get some local flavor before heading to the islands. Then you could fly directly back to Bangkok when you are done.
Keep in mind that mid-April is the Thai New Year celebration. Lots of people get time off that time of year, so public transportation and hotels in popular areas will be booked up ahead of time, so you may want to sort out your arrangements in advance for those dates. Have a great time. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,814

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.