Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

Sth thailand floods

Posted by Pamanderson on 15/1/2017 at 18:25

we are travelling to kho ngai begining of feb for a few days of r&r after other travels. Have booked at kho ngai but wonderering whats happening with floods. I know the trang river is still very swollen and heard ferrys were having to get through 3/4 metre waves even on the west coast. Has anyone taken a long boat or ferry recently and how was it. Im not great on the water and so not so good with bumpy rides.
Any idea how long the ferry would take from port outside trang.
Thanks

Thanks

#1 Pamanderson has been a member since 15/1/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by DLuek on 15/1/2017 at 22:37 TF writer

Haven't been down there myself recently but in all likelihood it will be fine by February. I've been following the situation pretty closely in Thai news and as far as I understand that area is getting back to normal (it's a lot worse over on the east coast, Nakhon Si Thammarat and surrounds). I believe the boat to Ko Ngai out of Pakmeng takes around an hour. I also plan to hit those islands in early Feb.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,344

Posted by amnicoll on 16/1/2017 at 21:57

Don't worry by Feb things will be back to normal. Traveled yesterday from Trang to Narathiwat by road and no evidence of the flooding (true the trains to the deep south are not yet running but they are expected to be back next week)

As for weather things will be back to normal

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.