Text page

Thailand

Thailand forum

the CURRENTLY FREE Single Entry Tourist Visa available in Laos

Posted by endless2 on 18/1/2017 at 01:29

i all,
I am not a traveler as such right now as I have been living in Laos. Affected by new entry restrictions to Thailand i am seeking information from people who have applied for the SIngle Entry Tourist Visa to Thailand, which currently happens to be free at consulates worldwide for visa arrivals from permitted countries.
Preferably I am seeking information from people who applied for the said Single Entry Tourist Visa (which is free until Feb 28) in Vientiane, Laos but info from applicants from other places would also be welcome.
SPECIFICALLY, I need to know if the visa was somehow marked TRANSIT, which means I would not be permitted to return to Laos without onward travel to a third country first.
I have been told that one person here had this happen to a relative but I would like to know if it is a routine procedure for all backpackers / travelers as well.
Your information or input would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Dan

#1 endless2 has been a member since 18/1/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 18/1/2017 at 19:15

"I need to know if the visa was somehow marked TRANSIT"

If it's marked "TR" it is a tourist visa, standard issue standard procedure.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.